The global Artificial Intelligence in Neurology and Brain Sciences Market size was valued at USD 20.44 billion in 2022 and is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 23.9% during the forecast period, reaching a value of USD 134.65 billion by 2030.
Artificial Intelligence in Neurology and Brain Sciences Market research report by Future Data Stats, offers a comprehensive view of the market's historical data from 2017 to 2021, capturing trends, growth patterns, and key drivers. It establishes 2021 as the base year, analyzing the market landscape, consumer behavior, competition, and regulations. Additionally, the report presents a well-researched forecast period from 2022 to 2030, leveraging data analysis techniques to project the market's growth trajectory, emerging opportunities, and anticipated challenges.
Artificial Intelligence in Neurology and Brain Sciences refers to the application of advanced computational techniques and algorithms, collectively known as artificial intelligence (AI), to address challenges and opportunities in the field of neuroscience and brain-related research. AI technology in this domain aims to enhance our understanding of brain functions, neurological disorders, and cognitive processes by analyzing vast amounts of complex data, such as medical imaging, genomic data, and patient records. By leveraging machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing, AI facilitates the development of predictive models, diagnostic tools, and treatment recommendations for various neurological conditions, including Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, and more. The integration of AI in neurology and brain sciences holds the potential to revolutionize medical research and clinical practices, providing more personalized and efficient solutions to improve brain health and patient outcomes.
In neurology and brain sciences, Artificial Intelligence harnesses cutting-edge technologies to revolutionize research, diagnosis, and treatment approaches. By employing advanced algorithms and machine learning models, AI analyzes complex brain data, such as neuroimaging and genomic information, enabling neuroscientists and medical professionals to gain deeper insights into brain functions and neurological disorders. This transformative technology not only enhances our understanding of brain-related processes but also aids in early disease detection, personalized treatment plans, and the development of innovative brain-computer interfaces. As AI continues to evolve, its potential impact on neurology promises to shape a new era of neuroscience, fostering breakthroughs in brain research and ultimately leading to improved brain health and patient care.
One of the primary drivers is the increasing demand for advanced diagnostic and treatment solutions for neurological disorders. AI technologies offer efficient data analysis and pattern recognition capabilities, empowering medical professionals to make more accurate and timely diagnoses, leading to better patient outcomes. Additionally, the growing availability of vast amounts of brain-related data, including medical imaging, genomics, and patient records, provides a rich resource for AI-powered algorithms to unlock valuable insights into brain health and neurological conditions.
Despite the potential benefits, the market also faces certain restraints. One significant challenge is the ethical and regulatory considerations surrounding the use of AI in healthcare. Ensuring patient data privacy, addressing algorithm bias, and maintaining transparency in AI decision-making are crucial factors that need careful attention to build trust in AI systems among healthcare providers and patients. Moreover, the integration of AI technologies into existing healthcare systems may require substantial investments in infrastructure, staff training, and data security measures, posing financial barriers for some healthcare institutions.
AI IN NEUROLOGY AND BRAIN SCIENCES MARKET SEGMENTAL ANALYSIS
Machine learning algorithms play a pivotal role in analyzing vast amounts of brain-related data, enabling precise diagnostics and personalized treatment recommendations for neurological disorders. Natural Language Processing (NLP) solutions facilitate efficient data processing from various sources, including medical records and scientific literature, enhancing researchers' ability to extract valuable insights. Deep learning models exhibit exceptional pattern recognition capabilities, vital for neuroimaging analysis and understanding complex brain functions. Robotics and autonomous systems advance brain-computer interfaces, offering new possibilities for patients with mobility impairments or neurological disabilities. Lastly, expert systems contribute to the development of AI-assisted tools for neurologists, improving decision-making processes and patient care.
Neuroimaging analysis plays a crucial role in interpreting complex brain images, aiding in the early detection and accurate diagnosis of neurological disorders. AI also enhances diagnosis and treatment recommendations by analyzing patient data, enabling personalized and more effective care plans. In drug discovery and development, AI-driven algorithms accelerate the identification of potential therapeutic targets, expediting the research process and potentially leading to innovative treatments. Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCIs) powered by AI offer groundbreaking opportunities for patients with disabilities, enabling direct communication with external devices through neural signals. Virtual assistants for patient support facilitate efficient communication and assistance in managing neurological conditions. Predictive analytics applied to neurological disorders provide valuable insights for disease progression and outcomes, guiding proactive treatment approaches. Moreover, AI's role in monitoring and surveillance of brain health aids in continuous patient monitoring, ensuring timely intervention in critical situations.
Hospitals and clinics are key adopters of AI technologies, leveraging machine learning algorithms and data analytics to enhance diagnostics and treatment planning for patients with neurological disorders. Research institutes and academic centers play a crucial role in advancing AI applications in brain sciences, exploring new possibilities through data-driven research and developing innovative AI-based solutions. Pharmaceutical companies utilize AI to accelerate drug discovery and development processes, optimizing clinical trials and identifying potential therapeutic targets for neurological conditions. Neurological rehabilitation centers benefit from AI-driven technologies, providing personalized treatment and therapy programs for patients with brain injuries or disabilities. Additionally, diagnostic centers utilize AI tools for precise and rapid neuroimaging analysis, aiding in early detection and accurate diagnosis of various brain-related disorders.
In North America, technological advancements, strong healthcare infrastructure, and substantial investments in AI research drive the market's growth. Europe also exhibits significant growth potential, with leading academic institutions and healthcare facilities fostering AI adoption for brain-related research and clinical applications.
In Asia Pacific, rising healthcare expenditure, a large patient pool, and increasing awareness of AI benefits are propelling market expansion. Latin America is witnessing a growing interest in AI applications, while the Middle East and Africa are gradually embracing AI technologies to address neurological healthcare challenges.
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the Artificial Intelligence in Neurology and Brain Sciences market. While the pandemic has posed numerous challenges to the healthcare industry, it has also accelerated the adoption of AI in neurology and brain sciences. The need for remote patient monitoring and virtual care during lockdowns has highlighted the value of AI-driven telemedicine and digital health solutions. AI technologies have played a crucial role in processing and analyzing vast amounts of brain-related data, aiding in COVID-19 research and understanding the virus's neurological effects. Additionally, AI-powered diagnostic tools and predictive analytics have been utilized to identify neurological symptoms associated with COVID-19 and facilitate timely treatment.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
- In January 2023, L'Oréal acquired Mizani, a leading hair care brand for black women.
- In February 2023, Unilever acquired Living Proof, a hair care brand that uses science-backed technology.
- In March 2023, Pantene launched a new line of shampoos and conditioners that are infused with keratin.
- In April 2023, Herbal Essences launched a new line of shampoos and conditioners that are made with plant-based ingredients.
- In May 2023, Dove launched a new line of shampoos and conditioners that are designed for dry and damaged hair.
KEY MARKET PLAYERS:
- IBM Corporation
- Google LLC
- Microsoft Corporation
- NVIDIA Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- Medtronic plc
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- General Electric Company
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Neurovigil, Inc.
- BlackThorn Therapeutics
- BrainScope Company, Inc.
- Magstim Company Limited
- NeuroPace, Inc.
- eNeura Inc.
- Brainomix Limited
- BrainCo Inc.
- Neural Analytics, Inc.
- Openwater Neurotechnology Inc.
Table of Contents
1.1 Key Findings
1.2 Market Overview
2.1 Study Goals and Objectives
2.2 Definition of the Market
2.3 Scope of the Study
2.4 Research Methodology
2.4.1 Data Collection
2.4.2 Data Analysis
2.4.3 Data Validation
2.4.4 Market Estimation
2.5 Report Layout
3.1 Introduction to Artificial Intelligence in Neurology and Brain Sciences
3.2 Key AI Applications in Neurology and Brain Sciences
3.3 Market Dynamics
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Machine Learning Algorithms
4.1.2 Natural Language Processing (NLP) Solutions
4.1.3 Deep Learning Models
4.1.4 Robotics and Autonomous Systems
4.1.5 Expert Systems
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Neuroimaging Analysis
4.2.2 Diagnosis and Treatment Recommendations
4.2.3 Drug Discovery and Development
4.2.4 Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCIs)
4.2.5 Virtual Assistants for Patient Support
4.2.6 Predictive Analytics for Neurological Disorders
4.2.7 Monitoring and Surveillance of Brain Health
4.3 By End-User
4.3.1 Hospitals and Clinics
4.3.2 Research Institutes and Academic Centers
4.3.3 Pharmaceutical Companies
4.3.4 Neurological Rehabilitation Centers
4.3.5 Diagnostic Centers
5.1 North America
5.1.1 United States
5.2.1 United Kingdom
5.4 Latin America
5.5 Middle East and Africa
5.5.1 Saudi Arabia
5.5.3 South Africa
6.1 Alzheimer's Disease
6.2 Parkinson's Disease
6.4 Multiple Sclerosis
6.6 Brain Tumors
6.7 Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
6.8 Other Neurological Disorders
AI Integration Level
7.1 Fully Integrated AI Solutions
7.2 AI-Assisted Tools and Platforms
7.3 AI Algorithms for Data Analysis
7.4 AI-Powered Medical Devices
8.1 Medical Imaging Data
8.2 Electronic Health Records (EHRs)
8.3 Genomic Data
8.4 Patient-Generated Data
8.5 Clinical Trial Data
8.6 Real-Time Monitoring Data
9.1 Physicians and Neurologists
9.2 Medical Researchers
9.3 Healthcare Administrators
9.4 Patients and Caregivers
9.5 Medical Device Manufacturers
9.6 Government and Regulatory Authorities
10.1 High-Growth Markets
10.2 Medium-Growth Markets
10.3 Mature Markets
AI Development Stage
11.1 Research and Development
11.2 Preclinical Trials
11.3 Clinical Trials
11.4 Marketed Products
Ethical and Regulatory Considerations
12.1 Data Privacy and Security
12.2 Explainable AI (XAI)
12.3 Bias and Fairness in AI Algorithms
12.4 Compliance with Healthcare Regulations
13.1 Academic and Industry Collaborations
13.2 Partnerships and Alliances
13.3 Joint Ventures and Mergers
14.1 Brain Simulation and Digital Twins
14.2 Edge Computing for Neurological Applications
14.3 AI-Driven Personalized Medicine
14.4 AI for Mental Health Diagnostics
14.5 Brain-Computer Interface Advancements
15.1 Key Players' Strategies
15.2 Company Profiles
15.2.1 Company A
15.2.2 Company B
15.2.3 Company C
... (and so on)
17.1 Data Sources
17.3 About the Authors
Artificial Intelligence in Neurology and Brain Sciences Market Segmentation
- Machine Learning Algorithms
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) Solutions
- Deep Learning Models
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Expert Systems
- Neuroimaging Analysis
- Diagnosis and Treatment Recommendations
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCIs)
- Virtual Assistants for Patient Support
- Predictive Analytics for Neurological Disorders
- Monitoring and Surveillance of Brain Health
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Research Institutes and Academic Centers
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Neurological Rehabilitation Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
- North America (USA, Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Russia, Italy, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Rest of South America)
- Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Key Reasons to Buy this Report
- Comprehensive Insights: Market research reports provide in-depth and comprehensive insights into various industries, markets, and sectors. These reports are prepared after extensive data collection, analysis, and interpretation, offering you valuable information and a clear understanding of market trends, dynamics, and opportunities.
- Future Predictions: Market research reports often include future data statistics, forecasts, and predictions. These predictions are based on rigorous analysis and modeling techniques, taking into account various factors such as market growth drivers, challenges, and emerging trends. By accessing these future data stats, you can make informed decisions and develop strategies that align with the projected market scenarios.
- Industry Analysis: Market research reports offer detailed industry analysis, including factors such as market size, market share, competitive landscape, and key players. These reports provide an overview of the industry's current status, growth potential, and competitive dynamics, enabling you to identify lucrative opportunities and stay ahead of the competition.
- Market Trends and Opportunities: By purchasing market research reports, you gain access to up-to-date information on market trends and emerging opportunities. These reports highlight the latest consumer preferences, technological advancements, regulatory changes, and other influential factors shaping the market landscape. Keeping track of these trends helps you identify potential growth areas and adapt your business strategies accordingly.
- Risk Mitigation: Investing in a market research report can help mitigate risks associated with market uncertainties. The reports provide insights into potential risks, challenges, and barriers to entry in specific markets or industries. With this knowledge, you can develop risk mitigation strategies, anticipate market fluctuations, and make informed decisions to minimize potential losses.
- Investment Decision Support: Market research reports are valuable tools for investors, venture capitalists, and financial institutions. These reports provide reliable and data-driven information that aids in investment decision-making processes. By analyzing market research reports, investors can evaluate the market potential, assess the feasibility of investment opportunities, and gauge the expected returns on investment.
- Product Development and Innovation: Market research reports offer insights into consumer preferences, needs, and demands. This information can be leveraged for product development and innovation. By understanding the market dynamics and consumer behavior, you can tailor your products or services to meet the evolving needs of your target audience, leading to enhanced customer satisfaction and market success.
- Strategic Planning: Market research reports serve as a foundation for strategic planning. They provide a comprehensive overview of the market landscape, competitive positioning, and growth potential. With this knowledge, you can develop effective business strategies, set realistic goals, and allocate resources efficiently. Strategic planning based on accurate market research helps optimize your operations and improve your chances of success.
- Market Entry and Expansion: For businesses looking to enter new markets or expand their existing operations, market research reports are indispensable. These reports provide insights into market dynamics, consumer behavior, regulatory frameworks, and competitive landscapes specific to the target markets. This information helps you assess the feasibility of market entry, identify potential obstacles, and develop market entry strategies that increase your chances of success.
- Evidence-Based Decision Making: Market research reports provide evidence-based data and analysis, enabling you to make informed decisions. Rather than relying on assumptions or guesswork, you can base your decisions on reliable information and market insights. Evidence-based decision making reduces the risk of costly mistakes and increases the likelihood of achieving your business objectives.
With a collective industry experience of about 70 years of analysts and experts, Future Data Stats encompasses the most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. Not only does the company dig deep into the innermost levels of the market, but also examines the minutest details for its market estimates and forecasts.
This approach helps build a greater market-specific view of size, shape, and industry trends within each industry segment. Various industry trends and real-time developments are factored into identifying key growth factors and the future course of the market. The research proceeds are the results of high-quality data, expert views & analysis, and valuable independent opinions. The research process is designed to deliver a balanced view of the global markets and allows stakeholders to make informed decisions, to attain their highest growth objectives.
Future Data Stats offers its clients exhaustive research and analysis, based on a wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence. The in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models distill the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice.
With Future Data Stats calibrated research process and 360° data-evaluation methodology, the clients receive:
- Consistent, valuable, robust, and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through a well-audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of the marketplace
With this strong methodology, Future Data Stats ensures that its research and analysis is most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
The research methodology of the global market involves extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research includes about 24 hours of interviews and discussions with a wide range of stakeholders that include upstream and downstream participants. Primary research typically is a bulk of our research efforts, coherently supported by extensive secondary research. Over 3000 product literature, industry releases, annual reports, and other such documents of key industry participants have been reviewed to obtain a better market understanding and gain enhanced competitive intelligence. In addition, authentic industry journals, trade associations’ releases, and government websites have also been reviewed to generate high-value industry insights.
• Identify key opinion leaders
• Questionnaire design
• In-depth Interviews
• Coverage across the value chain
• Company Website
• Company Annual Reports
• Paid Databases
• Financial Reports
• Market Participants
• Key Strengths
• Product Portfolio
• Mapping as per Value Chain
• Key focus segment
Primary research efforts include reaching out to participants through emails, telephonic conversations, referrals, and professional corporate relations with various companies that make way for greater flexibility in reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions.
The aforementioned helps to:
- Validate and improve data quality and strengthen the research proceeds
- Develop a market understanding and expertise
- Supply authentic information about the market size, share, growth, and forecasts
The primary research interview and discussion panels comprise experienced industry personnel.
These participants include, but are not limited to:
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to an industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners & top-level distributors; banking, investments, and valuation experts
- Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
A broad array of industry sources for the secondary research typically includes, but is not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for a competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases to understand technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic news articles, web-casts, and other related releases to evaluate the market
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecasts
• Top executives of end-use industries
• C-level executives of the leading Parenteral Nutrition companies
• Sales manager and regional sales manager of the Parenteral Nutrition companies
• Industry Consultants
• Annual Reports
• Company Websites
• Press Releases
• News Articles
• Government Agencies’ Publications
• Industry Publications
• Paid Databases
Analyst Tools and Models:
· Arriving at
· Arriving at
· Market Share
· Key Market Players
· Key Market Players
· Market Share
· Arriving at
· Arriving at
Artificial Intelligence in Neurology and Brain Sciences Market Dynamic Factors
- Increasing demand for advanced diagnostic and treatment solutions for neurological disorders.
- AI's ability to analyze complex brain data, such as neuroimaging and genomics, for better insights.
- Rising availability of brain-related data for AI algorithms to unlock valuable information.
- Potential for personalized treatment plans and improved patient outcomes through AI technologies.
- Advancements in brain-computer interfaces (BCIs) powered by AI, benefiting patients with disabilities.
- Ethical and regulatory considerations surrounding AI use in healthcare.
- Addressing algorithm bias and maintaining transparency in AI decision-making.
- Need for substantial investments in infrastructure and staff training for AI integration.
- Concerns regarding data privacy and security in handling sensitive brain-related information.
- Innovations in AI ethics and explainable AI (XAI) to build trust in AI systems.
- Collaborative efforts between academic and industry stakeholders to drive responsible AI adoption.
- Advancements in AI-powered drug discovery for neurological treatments.
- Potential for AI to revolutionize brain research and healthcare practices.
- Ensuring compliance with healthcare regulations and data protection laws.
- Integrating AI technologies into existing healthcare systems effectively.
- Overcoming financial barriers for some healthcare institutions to adopt AI solutions.
- Addressing the complexity of neurological disorders and diverse patient profiles with AI algorithms.
Frequently Asked Questions