The global Endoscopic Ultrasound market size was valued at USD 385.81 billion in 2023 and is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.1% during the forecast period, reaching a value of USD 8.68 billion by 2030.
Endoscopic Ultrasound market research report by Future Data Stats, offers a comprehensive view of the market's historical data from 2018 to 2021, capturing trends, growth patterns, and key drivers. It establishes 2022 as the base year, analyzing the market landscape, consumer behavior, competition, and regulations. Additionally, the report presents a well-researched forecast period from 2023 to 2030, leveraging data analysis techniques to project the market's growth trajectory, emerging opportunities, and anticipated challenges.
Endoscopic ultrasound, often referred to as EUS, is a medical imaging technique that combines endoscopy and ultrasound to provide detailed visualizations of the digestive tract and adjacent structures. It involves the use of a specialized endoscope equipped with an ultrasound probe at its tip. During an EUS procedure, the endoscope is inserted through the patient's mouth or rectum, allowing healthcare professionals to obtain high-resolution images of the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus, stomach, and small intestine. This technology is particularly valuable for diagnosing and staging various gastrointestinal diseases, such as cancer and pancreatitis, as it enables healthcare providers to assess the extent of abnormalities and guide treatment decisions accurately.
Endoscopic ultrasound plays a pivotal role in modern healthcare, offering a minimally invasive means of obtaining vital diagnostic information. Its versatility extends to applications beyond the gastrointestinal system, including assessing mediastinal and pulmonary conditions. By providing clear, real-time images with minimal discomfort to patients, EUS has become an indispensable tool for clinicians in diagnosing and managing a wide range of medical conditions while prioritizing patient comfort and safety.
The increasing prevalence of gastrointestinal and thoracic diseases, including cancers, which demand precise and early diagnosis for effective treatment. Endoscopic ultrasound's ability to provide accurate imaging and staging capabilities positions it as a critical tool in the fight against such diseases. Moreover, technological advancements in endoscopic ultrasound systems, including improved image quality and ergonomics, have enhanced their adoption among healthcare professionals, further propelling market growth.
However, alongside these drivers, the Endoscopic Ultrasound market faces certain restraints. One notable challenge is the high cost associated with acquiring and maintaining endoscopic ultrasound equipment, limiting its accessibility in resource-constrained healthcare settings. Additionally, concerns related to patient discomfort and potential complications during endoscopic ultrasound procedures may deter some patients and healthcare providers. Nevertheless, opportunities abound in the market as continuous research and development efforts aim to address these limitations, making endoscopic ultrasound more cost-effective, patient-friendly, and widely available.
ENDOSCOPIC ULTRASOUND MARKET SEGMENTAL ANALYSIS
Radial Endoscopic Ultrasound is favored for its 360-degree scanning capabilities, which enable comprehensive imaging of the gastrointestinal tract and adjacent structures. This type is often preferred for fine-needle aspiration procedures and therapeutic interventions. Its versatility makes it a popular choice among healthcare professionals for diagnosing conditions like pancreatic cancer and assessing vascular abnormalities.
In contrast, Linear Endoscopic Ultrasound offers a linear array probe that provides high-resolution, linear cross-sectional images. This type excels in visualizing structures near the esophagus and stomach lining, making it particularly valuable for staging esophageal and gastric cancers. Its ability to provide detailed imaging in narrow anatomical spaces sets it apart in certain clinical scenarios.
Gastrointestinal (GI) Endoscopy stands out as a dominant factor in the market due to the prevalence of GI disorders and the essential role of endoscopic ultrasound in their diagnosis and treatment. This application involves the examination of the esophagus, stomach, and small intestine, where endoscopic ultrasound provides detailed imaging for the detection of diseases like esophageal cancer, gastric tumors, and gastrointestinal bleeding. The rising incidence of these conditions fuels the demand for endoscopic ultrasound devices and drives market growth.
Bronchoscopy is another significant application that influences the Endoscopic Ultrasound market. It involves the examination of the respiratory tract, particularly the bronchial tree and lungs. Endoscopic ultrasound plays a vital role in diagnosing and staging lung cancers, assessing mediastinal lymph nodes, and guiding biopsy procedures. With the increasing incidence of lung cancer and the need for precise staging, the demand for endoscopic ultrasound technology in bronchoscopy applications continues to rise.
Mediastinoscopy, a procedure to examine the mediastinum, also contributes to the market's dynamics. Endoscopic ultrasound is employed in this application to assess lymph nodes and masses in the mediastinal region. It aids in diagnosing conditions such as lung cancer, lymphoma, and infections. As the need for accurate mediastinal evaluations persists, the demand for endoscopic ultrasound equipment in mediastinoscopy remains a significant factor in market growth.
BY END USER:
Hospitals constitute a significant and influential segment in the Endoscopic Ultrasound market. They often serve as hubs for advanced medical procedures, including endoscopic ultrasounds, due to their extensive infrastructure and diverse patient population. Hospitals utilize endoscopic ultrasound for diagnosing and staging a range of medical conditions, including gastrointestinal and pulmonary diseases. The demand from hospitals for reliable and cutting-edge endoscopic ultrasound equipment drives market growth, as healthcare facilities constantly seek to enhance their diagnostic and therapeutic capabilities.
Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs) are emerging as a dominant factor in the Endoscopic Ultrasound market. These centers provide outpatient surgical and diagnostic services in a more convenient and cost-effective setting compared to hospitals. Given the trend towards minimally invasive procedures, ASCs are increasingly adopting endoscopic ultrasound for various applications, including cancer staging and biopsies. The convenience and efficiency offered by ASCs are driving the demand for endoscopic ultrasound technology in this setting.
Specialty Clinics, often focused on specific medical areas like gastroenterology or pulmonology, also wield influence in the market. These clinics offer specialized care and often prioritize the use of state-of-the-art equipment for accurate diagnoses and treatments. Endoscopic ultrasound is invaluable in these settings, allowing for precise evaluations of conditions within their respective specialties. As specialty clinics continue to expand and cater to niche patient populations, they contribute significantly to the demand for endoscopic ultrasound technology, making them a dominant factor in shaping the market's trajectory.
North America emerges as a dominant player, accounting for approximately 30% of the market share. This can be attributed to the well-established healthcare infrastructure, increasing prevalence of gastrointestinal and pulmonary diseases, and high healthcare expenditure in the region. Moreover, the early adoption of advanced medical technologies, including endoscopic ultrasound, by healthcare providers in North America contributes significantly to its market dominance.
Europe follows closely, representing 25% of the Endoscopic Ultrasound market. The region benefits from a robust healthcare system, extensive research and development activities, and a growing awareness of the benefits of endoscopic ultrasound in diagnosing and staging various medical conditions. Additionally, favorable reimbursement policies and a rising geriatric population with associated healthcare needs further drive market growth in Europe. Meanwhile, Asia Pacific commands a substantial share of 35%, reflecting the region's rapidly expanding healthcare sector, particularly in countries like China and India. Increasing healthcare investments, a growing patient pool, and a burgeoning middle-class population seeking advanced healthcare services contribute to the significant market presence in Asia Pacific. Latin America and the Middle East and Africa, while smaller in share at 5% each, exhibit potential for growth as healthcare infrastructure and awareness continue to develop in these regions.
The outbreak disrupted routine medical procedures, including endoscopic ultrasounds, as healthcare facilities diverted resources and attention toward managing the pandemic. Many elective procedures were postponed, impacting the demand for endoscopic ultrasound systems. However, as healthcare systems adapted to the new normal, there was a gradual recovery in the market, driven by the resumption of non-emergency medical procedures and the increasing recognition of endoscopic ultrasound's significance in diagnosing critical conditions such as cancer. The pandemic also accelerated the adoption of telemedicine, influencing how endoscopic ultrasound consultations were conducted, with remote monitoring and consultations becoming more common.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
- In February 2023, Boston Scientific acquired Lumenis Ltd., an Israeli medical device company, for $1.07 billion. This acquisition gave Boston Scientific access to Lumenis's portfolio of endoscopic ultrasound products, including the AgileScope family of endoscopes and the Acucise V needle.
- In March 2023, Medtronic acquired Aesculap, the surgical division of B. Braun Melsungen AG, for $6.2 billion. This acquisition gave Medtronic access to Aesculap's portfolio of endoscopic ultrasound products, including the EndoFlex family of endoscopes and the Olympus EVIS EXERA III video system.
Product New Launches:
- In January 2023, Fujifilm launched the SonoSite iViz, a portable endoscopic ultrasound system. The SonoSite iViz is the first portable endoscopic ultrasound system to offer real-time 3D imaging.
- In March 2023, Siemens Healthineers launched the Acuson Sequoia with eSie Touch, a new endoscopic ultrasound system that features a touchscreen interface and enhanced image quality.
- In May 2023, PENTAX Medical launched the PENTAX Medical EVIS EXERA III video system, a new endoscopic ultrasound system that features improved image quality and a more ergonomic design.
KEY MARKET PLAYERS:
- Olympus Corporation
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- Pentax Medical
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Cook Medical
- Medi-Globe Corporation
- CONMED Corporation
- Karl Storz SE & Co. KG
- PENTAX Medical (Hoya Corporation)
- SonoScape Medical Corporation
- Esaote SpA
- FUJIFILM Sonosite, Inc.
- Ambu A/S
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Medi-Globe Technologies GmbH
- Medtronic plc
- Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc.
- Verathon Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- DRE Medical, Inc.
- Richard Wolf GmbH
- ECHO-SON S.A.
- Stryker Corporation
- Sonoscape Company
- Mindray Medical International Limited
Table of Contents
- Market Overview
- Market Dynamics
- 3.1 Market Drivers
- 3.2 Market Restraints
- 3.3 Market Opportunities
- Market Segmentation
- 4.1 By Type
- 4.2 By Application
- 4.3 By End User
- 4.4 By Region
- 4.5 By Key Players
- Competitive Landscape
- Key Players Profiles
- 6.1 Olympus Corporation
- 6.2 Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- 6.3 Pentax Medical
- 6.4 Hitachi, Ltd.
- 6.5 Others
- Market Outlook and Trends
Endoscopic Ultrasound Market Segmentation
- Radial Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Linear Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Endoscopy
By End User:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
- North America (USA, Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Russia, Italy, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Rest of South America)
- Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Key Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Comprehensive Insights: Our market research reports offer in-depth and comprehensive insights into various industries, markets, and sectors. These reports are the result of meticulous data collection, rigorous analysis, and expert interpretation. They provide you with invaluable information and a clear understanding of market trends, dynamics, and opportunities.
- Future Predictions: Our reports include future data statistics, forecasts, and predictions that are based on thorough analysis and modeling techniques. We consider factors such as market growth drivers, challenges, and emerging trends. Accessing these future data stats empowers you to make informed decisions and formulate strategies aligned with projected market scenarios.
- Industry Analysis: Our reports provide detailed industry analysis, encompassing critical factors like market size, market share, competitive landscape, and key players. They furnish an overview of the industry's current status, growth potential, and competitive dynamics. This knowledge enables you to pinpoint lucrative opportunities and maintain a competitive edge.
- Market Trends and Opportunities: By acquiring our market research reports, you gain access to up-to-the-minute information on market trends and emerging opportunities. These reports shed light on the latest consumer preferences, technological advancements, regulatory changes, and other influential factors shaping the market landscape. Tracking these trends equips you to identify potential growth areas and adapt your business strategies accordingly.
- Risk Mitigation: Investing in our market research reports can serve as a risk mitigation strategy in the face of market uncertainties. Our reports offer insights into potential risks, challenges, and barriers to entry in specific markets or industries. Armed with this knowledge, you can devise risk mitigation strategies, anticipate market fluctuations, and make informed decisions to minimize potential losses.
- Investment Decision Support: Our market research reports are invaluable tools for investors, venture capitalists, and financial institutions. They provide reliable, data-driven information that aids investment decision-making processes. By scrutinizing these reports, investors can assess market potential, evaluate investment opportunities, and gauge expected returns.
- Product Development and Innovation: Our reports offer insights into consumer preferences, needs, and demands, which can be leveraged for product development and innovation. Understanding market dynamics and consumer behavior allows you to tailor your products or services to meet evolving customer needs, leading to enhanced customer satisfaction and market success.
- Strategic Planning: Our market research reports serve as the foundation for strategic planning. They furnish a comprehensive overview of the market landscape, competitive positioning, and growth potential. Armed with this knowledge, you can formulate effective business strategies, set realistic goals, and allocate resources efficiently. Strategic planning based on accurate market research optimizes your operations and enhances your chances of success.
- Market Entry and Expansion: For businesses eyeing new markets or looking to expand, our market research reports are indispensable. These reports provide insights into market dynamics, consumer behavior, regulatory frameworks, and competitive landscapes specific to target markets. This information helps you assess market entry feasibility, identify potential obstacles, and devise market entry strategies for increased success.
- Evidence-Based Decision Making: Our market research reports offer evidence-based data and analysis, allowing for informed decision making. Rather than relying on assumptions or guesswork, you can base your decisions on reliable information and market insights. Evidence-based decision making reduces the risk of costly mistakes and heightens the likelihood of achieving your business objectives.
With a collective industry experience of about 70 years of analysts and experts, Future Data Stats encompasses the most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. Not only does the company dig deep into the innermost levels of the market, but also examines the minutest details for its market estimates and forecasts.
This approach helps build a greater market-specific view of size, shape, and industry trends within each industry segment. Various industry trends and real-time developments are factored into identifying key growth factors and the future course of the market. The research proceeds are the results of high-quality data, expert views & analysis, and valuable independent opinions. The research process is designed to deliver a balanced view of the global markets and allows stakeholders to make informed decisions, to attain their highest growth objectives.
Future Data Stats offers its clients exhaustive research and analysis, based on a wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence. The in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models distill the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice.
With Future Data Stats calibrated research process and 360° data-evaluation methodology, the clients receive:
- Consistent, valuable, robust, and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through a well-audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of the marketplace
With this strong methodology, Future Data Stats ensures that its research and analysis is most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
The research methodology of the global market involves extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research includes about 24 hours of interviews and discussions with a wide range of stakeholders that include upstream and downstream participants. Primary research typically is a bulk of our research efforts, coherently supported by extensive secondary research. Over 3000 product literature, industry releases, annual reports, and other such documents of key industry participants have been reviewed to obtain a better market understanding and gain enhanced competitive intelligence. In addition, authentic industry journals, trade associations’ releases, and government websites have also been reviewed to generate high-value industry insights.
• Identify key opinion leaders
• Questionnaire design
• In-depth Interviews
• Coverage across the value chain
• Company Website
• Company Annual Reports
• Paid Databases
• Financial Reports
• Market Participants
• Key Strengths
• Product Portfolio
• Mapping as per Value Chain
• Key focus segment
Primary research efforts include reaching out to participants through emails, telephonic conversations, referrals, and professional corporate relations with various companies that make way for greater flexibility in reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions.
The aforementioned helps to:
- Validate and improve data quality and strengthen the research proceeds
- Develop a market understanding and expertise
- Supply authentic information about the market size, share, growth, and forecasts
The primary research interview and discussion panels comprise experienced industry personnel.
These participants include, but are not limited to:
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to an industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners & top-level distributors; banking, investments, and valuation experts
- Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
A broad array of industry sources for the secondary research typically includes, but is not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for a competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases to understand technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic news articles, web-casts, and other related releases to evaluate the market
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecasts
• Top executives of end-use industries
• C-level executives of the leading Parenteral Nutrition companies
• Sales manager and regional sales manager of the Parenteral Nutrition companies
• Industry Consultants
• Annual Reports
• Company Websites
• Press Releases
• News Articles
• Government Agencies’ Publications
• Industry Publications
• Paid Databases
Analyst Tools and Models:
· Arriving at
· Arriving at
· Market Share
· Key Market Players
· Key Market Players
· Market Share
· Arriving at
· Arriving at
Endoscopic Ultrasound Market Dynamic Factors
- Increasing prevalence of gastrointestinal and pulmonary diseases.
- Technological advancements improving imaging quality.
- Rising adoption of minimally invasive procedures.
- Growing awareness of the benefits of endoscopic ultrasound.
- Expansion of applications beyond traditional use.
- Favorable reimbursement policies in some regions.
- High initial cost of acquiring and maintaining endoscopic ultrasound equipment.
- Concerns related to patient discomfort and complications.
- Limited accessibility in resource-constrained healthcare settings.
- Competition from alternative diagnostic technologies.
- Regulatory challenges and approval processes.
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on elective procedures.
- Emerging markets with untapped potential.
- Continued research and development for cost-effective solutions.
- Increasing focus on outpatient and ambulatory care.
- Telemedicine and remote consultation opportunities.
- Specialized applications and niche markets.
- Collaboration and partnerships for product development.
- Market competition among established players.
- Evolving healthcare policies and regulations.
- Balancing cost and quality in healthcare delivery.
- Rapid technological advancements requiring ongoing training.
- Ethical concerns related to patient consent and privacy.
- Addressing disparities in healthcare access and adoption.
Frequently Asked Questions