The global Healthcare Analytics Market size was valued at USD 33.5 billion in 2022 and is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 23% during the forecast period, reaching a value of USD 97.50 billion by 2030.
Healthcare Analytics Market research report by Future Data Stats, offers a comprehensive view of the market's historical data from 2017 to 2021, capturing trends, growth patterns, and key drivers. It establishes 2021 as the base year, analyzing the market landscape, consumer behavior, competition, and regulations. Additionally, the report presents a well-researched forecast period from 2022 to 2030, leveraging data analysis techniques to project the market's growth trajectory, emerging opportunities, and anticipated challenges.
Healthcare analytics is a vital field that involves the collection, analysis, and interpretation of healthcare data to derive meaningful insights and improve healthcare outcomes. It encompasses the use of advanced statistical techniques and technology to examine vast amounts of healthcare information, such as patient records, clinical data, and financial data. By applying analytics to this data, healthcare professionals can identify patterns, trends, and correlations, enabling them to make informed decisions, enhance operational efficiency, and optimize patient care. Healthcare analytics plays a crucial role in driving evidence-based medicine, identifying population health trends, managing resources effectively, and ultimately transforming healthcare delivery for the better.
In essence, healthcare analytics empowers healthcare organizations to harness the power of data for actionable insights and informed decision-making. By leveraging data-driven methodologies, healthcare professionals can gain a deeper understanding of patient populations, identify high-risk patients, predict disease outbreaks, and improve treatment protocols. These analytics-driven insights enable healthcare providers to enhance patient outcomes, streamline operations, minimize costs, and allocate resources efficiently. With its potential to drive innovation and improve healthcare quality and efficiency, healthcare analytics is an indispensable tool in the modern healthcare landscape.
The healthcare analytics market is driven by several key factors. Firstly, the increasing volume and complexity of healthcare data is a significant driver. With the advent of electronic health records and digital healthcare systems, there is a massive influx of data that needs to be effectively managed and analyzed. Healthcare analytics provides the tools and techniques to extract valuable insights from this data, leading to improved patient care and operational efficiency. Secondly, the growing focus on cost containment and the need for better healthcare outcomes drive the adoption of analytics solutions. Healthcare organizations are under pressure to optimize their resources, reduce expenses, and deliver high-quality care. Analytics helps identify areas of waste, streamline processes, and improve decision-making, thereby addressing these challenges.
While the healthcare analytics market has tremendous potential, it also faces certain restraints. One major challenge is the lack of skilled professionals who can effectively utilize and interpret analytics tools and techniques. The field of healthcare analytics requires expertise in data science, statistics, and healthcare domain knowledge. The shortage of trained personnel can hinder the implementation and utilization of analytics solutions. Additionally, concerns regarding data privacy and security pose another restraint. Healthcare data contains sensitive patient information, and there are strict regulations and compliance requirements to protect patient privacy. Ensuring data security and maintaining compliance can be complex and challenging, thereby impeding the widespread adoption of healthcare analytics.
However, despite these restraints, the healthcare analytics market presents significant opportunities. The increasing adoption of advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) in healthcare analytics opens up new avenues for innovation. AI and ML algorithms can process vast amounts of data, detect patterns, and generate predictive insights at a speed and accuracy that surpasses human capabilities. This has the potential to revolutionize healthcare decision-making, disease management, and personalized medicine. Furthermore, the integration of healthcare analytics with emerging technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT) and wearable devices offers opportunities to capture real-time patient data and enable proactive healthcare interventions. The continuous advancements in analytics capabilities and the integration of cutting-edge technologies position the healthcare analytics market for continued growth and transformative impact in the healthcare industry.
HEALTHCARE ANALYTICS MARKET SEGMENTAL ANALYSIS
Descriptive analysis involves examining historical healthcare data to understand patterns, trends, and key performance indicators. It provides a comprehensive overview of past events and serves as a foundation for further analysis. Predictive analysis utilizes advanced statistical modeling and machine learning techniques to forecast future outcomes and events based on historical data. It helps healthcare professionals anticipate patient risks, disease progression, and healthcare trends.
Prescriptive analysis takes healthcare analytics a step further by not only predicting future outcomes but also recommending the best course of action. It combines historical data, predictive models, and optimization algorithms to provide actionable insights for healthcare decision-making. These three types of analysis in the healthcare analytics market enable healthcare organizations to gain valuable insights, optimize operations, improve patient care, and make informed decisions.
Software forms the backbone of healthcare analytics, providing the tools and platforms to collect, manage, and analyze healthcare data. These software solutions range from data integration and warehousing platforms to advanced analytics applications that enable healthcare professionals to derive meaningful insights from the data. Hardware components, such as servers and storage devices, play a crucial role in supporting the infrastructure needed to process and store vast amounts of healthcare data securely.
Additionally, services are an integral part of the healthcare analytics market, including implementation, consulting, training, and support services. Service providers assist healthcare organizations in deploying analytics solutions, tailoring them to specific needs, and ensuring smooth operation and utilization. The combination of software, hardware, and services forms a comprehensive ecosystem that empowers healthcare organizations to leverage data-driven insights for improved patient care, operational efficiency, and decision-making.
BY DELIVERY MODE:
On-premises delivery mode involves the deployment of analytics solutions within the healthcare organization's infrastructure, providing direct control and ownership over data and systems. Web-hosted delivery mode enables access to analytics solutions through web browsers, allowing remote usage and reducing the need for extensive infrastructure setup. Cloud-based delivery mode leverages cloud computing technology, offering scalable and flexible analytics solutions accessible from anywhere with an internet connection.
It provides the benefits of cost-effectiveness, scalability, and rapid deployment, making it an increasingly popular choice. The availability of multiple delivery modes allows healthcare organizations to choose the most suitable option based on factors such as security needs, infrastructure capabilities, and cost considerations, ensuring efficient and accessible healthcare analytics implementation.
Clinical analytics focuses on utilizing data to enhance patient care, improve outcomes, and optimize treatment protocols. It involves analyzing patient data, medical records, and clinical pathways to identify patterns, trends, and potential interventions. Financial analytics encompasses the analysis of financial data, billing processes, and reimbursement systems to optimize revenue cycles, manage costs, and improve financial performance.
Operational and administrative analytics involve analyzing operational processes, resource utilization, and patient flow to streamline operations, improve efficiency, and enhance administrative decision-making. By addressing these diverse applications, healthcare analytics empowers healthcare organizations to make data-driven decisions across clinical, financial, and operational domains, ultimately leading to improved patient care and organizational outcomes.
Healthcare payers, such as insurance companies and government agencies, utilize analytics to manage risk, analyze claims data, and improve cost containment strategies. They leverage analytics to identify fraud and abuse, forecast utilization patterns, and enhance population health management. Healthcare providers, including hospitals, clinics, and medical practices, rely on analytics to optimize clinical decision-making, improve patient outcomes, and enhance operational efficiency. Providers use analytics to analyze patient data, track performance metrics, and identify areas for quality improvement.
Life science companies leverage analytics to support drug discovery, clinical trials, and pharmaceutical market analysis. They utilize analytics to optimize research and development efforts, enhance patient recruitment for trials, and gain insights into market dynamics. By catering to the specific needs of these end-users, healthcare analytics plays a pivotal role in transforming healthcare delivery, improving patient outcomes, and driving innovation in the healthcare industry.
North America stands as the largest market, with the United States being a major contributor due to the presence of numerous healthcare providers, a focus on value-based care, and government initiatives promoting healthcare IT adoption. In Europe, countries like the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Spain play significant roles, driven by the adoption of healthcare IT, a focus on population health management, and the demand for quality healthcare.
The Asia-Pacific region emerges as the fastest-growing market, with China, India, and Japan as major contributors, propelled by expanding healthcare infrastructure, increasing healthcare IT adoption, and the need for improved healthcare services. Latin America experiences growth fueled by rising demand for healthcare services, government initiatives for healthcare IT adoption, and increased healthcare expenditure. The Middle East and Africa also witness market growth due to the increasing demand for healthcare services, government initiatives promoting healthcare IT adoption, and a surge in healthcare expenditure.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the healthcare analytics market. Firstly, there has been a heightened demand for analytics solutions and tools to address the challenges posed by the pandemic. Healthcare organizations have relied on analytics to track and analyze COVID-19 cases, predict resource needs, and optimize response strategies. Analytics has played a crucial role in monitoring the spread of the virus, conducting contact tracing, and identifying high-risk populations. Secondly, the pandemic has accelerated the adoption of telehealth and virtual care, leading to increased data generation.
Healthcare analytics has been instrumental in analyzing telehealth data, assessing patient outcomes, and optimizing remote care delivery. Additionally, the pandemic has highlighted the importance of data-driven decision-making and the need for real-time analytics to support rapid response and decision-making in the face of a rapidly evolving healthcare crisis. Overall, the COVID-19 pandemic has underscored the critical role of healthcare analytics in managing and mitigating the impact of such global health crises.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are playing a significant role in uncovering patterns and insights from extensive healthcare data, enabling improved patient outcomes and operational efficiency. Cloud computing solutions offer scalability, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness, facilitating the storage, access, and integration of vast amounts of healthcare data. The Internet of Things (IoT) is transforming healthcare by providing real-time data from patients, devices, and sensors, allowing for personalized care and monitoring.
Additionally, blockchain technology is enhancing data security, privacy, and interoperability, enabling secure sharing of healthcare data across different systems and organizations. These technological solutions are reshaping the healthcare analytics market, driving innovation, and unlocking new possibilities for improved healthcare delivery and patient care.
Philips acquiring Capsule Technologies in 2021 and UnitedHealth Group's Optum acquiring naviHealth in 2020. Industry developments in 2021 highlighted increased utilization of data analysis due to the COVID-19 pandemic, driving the need for monitoring and treatment strategies. The use of artificial intelligence and machine learning has also seen continued growth, with organizations developing AI-based tools for data analysis and prediction. In terms of market launches, IBM Watson Health introduced Watson Health Imaging in 2021, leveraging AI for medical image analysis, while Optum launched OptumIQ in 2020, focusing on AI and advanced analytics for clinical and operational performance improvement. The history of the healthcare analytics market shows substantial growth, from approximately $7.4 billion in 2016 to around $33.5 billion in 2022. The market is projected to maintain significant growth, with an expected CAGR of over 23% from 2023 to 2030.
KEY MARKET PLAYERS:
- IBM Corporation
- Optum (UnitedHealth Group)
- Cerner Corporation
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions
- SAS Institute Inc.
- McKesson Corporation
- Epic Systems Corporation
- MedeAnalytics Inc.
- Health Catalyst
- Oracle Corporation
- Philips Healthcare
- Change Healthcare
- Inovalon Inc.
- Tableau Software (Salesforce)
- GE Healthcare
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Athenahealth Inc.
- Truven Health Analytics (IBM Watson Health)
- Conduent Inc.
- CitiusTech Inc.
- Nuance Communications Inc.
- SCIO Health Analytics (EXL)
- Cotiviti Holdings Inc.
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Table of Contents
• Definition of healthcare analytics
• Importance of healthcare analytics
• Market overview
II. Market Segmentation
• Descriptive analytics
• Predictive analytics
• Prescriptive analytics
• Consulting services
• Support and maintenance services
• Training and education services
By Delivery Mode
• Clinical analytics
• Financial analytics
• Operational analytics
• Population health analytics
III. Market Dynamics
• Growing demand for healthcare services
• Increasing need to curb healthcare costs
• Technological advancements in healthcare analytics
• Lack of skilled professionals
• Data security concerns
• High implementation costs
• Emerging markets
• Increasing focus on value-based care
• Use of real-world evidence in healthcare analytics
IV. Regional Analysis
• United States
• United Kingdom
• Rest of Europe
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of the World
V. Competitive Landscape
• Market Share Analysis
• Key Strategies
• Product Launches
• Partnerships and Collaborations
• Mergers and Acquisitions
VI. Company Profiles
• IBM Corporation
• Optum, Inc.
• Cerner Corporation
• Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
• McKesson Corporation
• SAS Institute Inc.
• MedeAnalytics, Inc.
• Inovalon Holdings, Inc.
• Health Catalyst, Inc.
• Oracle Corporation
VII. Conclusion and Future Outlook
• Future Trends
• Increased adoption of artificial intelligence and machine learning
• Growth of telehealth
• Focus on patient-centered care.
HEALTHCARE ANALYTICS MARKET SEGMENTATION
- Descriptive Analysis
- Predictive Analysis
- Prescriptive Analysis
By Delivery Mode:
- Operational and Administrative
- Healthcare Payers
- Healthcare Providers
- Life Science Companies
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa
Some of the Major Players in the Population Health Management (PHM) Market
- IBM Corporation
- Optum, Inc. (a part of UnitedHealth Group)
- Cerner Corporation
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
- Health Catalyst
- McKesson Corporation
- SAS Institute Inc.
- Oracle Corporation
- Inovalon Holdings, Inc.
- MedeAnalytics, Inc.
- CitiusTech Inc.
- Wipro Limited
- SCIO Health Analytics (an EXL Company)
- Cotiviti Holdings, Inc.
- Conduent, Inc.
Key Reasons to Buy this Report
- Gain exclusive access to meticulously compiled and up-to-date statistics, meticulously gathered by our proficient researchers. These statistics encompass comprehensive historical and forecast data, meticulously analyzed to elucidate the underlying catalysts driving transformative changes in your target market.
- Acquire the critical foresight necessary to anticipate market fluctuations, allowing you to proactively respond and maintain a competitive edge over your industry peers.
- Seamlessly integrate the data from our Excel spreadsheet into your strategic marketing plans, business presentations, or other pivotal documents, facilitating seamless decision-making and enhancing the effectiveness of your strategic initiatives.
- Benefit from the lucidity of our concise analysis, coupled with the clarity of our graph and table format, enabling you to expeditiously and accurately identify the precise information you require, streamlining your research process.
- Receive comprehensive market value data (in USD Billion) for each segment and sub-segment, providing a robust foundation for understanding the market's size and potential growth prospects.
- Identify the regions and segments expected to exhibit rapid growth and market dominance, empowering you to align your strategies with the most promising opportunities.
- Delve into in-depth geographical analysis, shedding light on product/service consumption patterns within different regions and elucidating the key factors influencing the market dynamics in each locale.
- Gain valuable insights into the competitive landscape, including the market rankings of major players, noteworthy service/product launches, strategic partnerships, business expansions, and significant acquisitions within the past five years. This comprehensive overview ensures you are well-informed about the competitive ecosystem.
- Explore extensive company profiles featuring comprehensive overviews, insightful company perspectives, product benchmarking, and SWOT analysis for the major market players, enabling you to grasp their strategies, strengths, weaknesses, and market positioning.
- Stay well-informed about the present and future market outlook, with a focus on recent developments encompassing growth opportunities, drivers, challenges, and restraints across both emerging and developed regions.
- Benefit from an in-depth analysis of the market from multiple perspectives, employing Porter's five forces analysis to gain a nuanced understanding of the industry's competitive dynamics.
- Acquire valuable insights into the market through a comprehensive examination of the Value Chain, unraveling the interconnected processes and value-adding activities that shape the industry.
- Assess the market's dynamics and growth opportunities in the foreseeable future, enabling you to devise robust strategies and capitalize on emerging trends.
- Receive expert analyst support for a duration of six months following your purchase, ensuring you have ongoing guidance and assistance in leveraging the report's insights effectively.
Customization of the Report:
For any queries or customization requirements, please engage with our proficient sales team, dedicated to ensuring your specific needs and preferences are met with utmost precision and satisfaction.
With a collective industry experience of about 70 years of analysts and experts, Future Data Stats encompasses the most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. Not only does the company dig deep into the innermost levels of the market, but also examines the minutest details for its market estimates and forecasts.
This approach helps build a greater market-specific view of size, shape, and industry trends within each industry segment. Various industry trends and real-time developments are factored into identifying key growth factors and the future course of the market. The research proceeds are the results of high-quality data, expert views & analysis, and valuable independent opinions. The research process is designed to deliver a balanced view of the global markets and allows stakeholders to make informed decisions, to attain their highest growth objectives.
Future Data Stats offers its clients exhaustive research and analysis, based on a wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence. The in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models distill the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice.
With Future Data Stats calibrated research process and 360° data-evaluation methodology, the clients receive:
- Consistent, valuable, robust, and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through a well-audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of the marketplace
With this strong methodology, Future Data Stats ensures that its research and analysis is most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
The research methodology of the global market involves extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research includes about 24 hours of interviews and discussions with a wide range of stakeholders that include upstream and downstream participants. Primary research typically is a bulk of our research efforts, coherently supported by extensive secondary research. Over 3000 product literature, industry releases, annual reports, and other such documents of key industry participants have been reviewed to obtain a better market understanding and gain enhanced competitive intelligence. In addition, authentic industry journals, trade associations’ releases, and government websites have also been reviewed to generate high-value industry insights.
• Identify key opinion leaders
• Questionnaire design
• In-depth Interviews
• Coverage across the value chain
• Company Website
• Company Annual Reports
• Paid Databases
• Financial Reports
• Market Participants
• Key Strengths
• Product Portfolio
• Mapping as per Value Chain
• Key focus segment
Primary research efforts include reaching out to participants through emails, telephonic conversations, referrals, and professional corporate relations with various companies that make way for greater flexibility in reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions.
The aforementioned helps to:
- Validate and improve data quality and strengthen the research proceeds
- Develop a market understanding and expertise
- Supply authentic information about the market size, share, growth, and forecasts
The primary research interview and discussion panels comprise experienced industry personnel.
These participants include, but are not limited to:
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to an industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners & top-level distributors; banking, investments, and valuation experts
- Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
A broad array of industry sources for the secondary research typically includes, but is not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for a competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases to understand technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic news articles, web-casts, and other related releases to evaluate the market
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecasts
• Top executives of end-use industries
• C-level executives of the leading Parenteral Nutrition companies
• Sales manager and regional sales manager of the Parenteral Nutrition companies
• Industry Consultants
• Annual Reports
• Company Websites
• Press Releases
• News Articles
• Government Agencies’ Publications
• Industry Publications
• Paid Databases
Analyst Tools and Models:
· Arriving at
· Arriving at
· Market Share
· Key Market Players
· Key Market Players
· Market Share
· Arriving at
· Arriving at
Healthcare Analytics Market Dynamics Factors
- Increasing demand for data-driven healthcare solutions
- Growing adoption of electronic health records
- Rising prevalence of chronic diseases and associated healthcare costs
- Growing focus on value-based care
- Increasing adoption of big data analytics in the healthcare industry
- Rising need for operational efficiency and cost reduction
- Government initiatives to promote healthcare IT adoption
- Concerns regarding data security and patient privacy
- Lack of skilled professionals in the field
- High cost of implementation and maintenance of solutions
- Limited availability of data in some regions
- Resistance to change and adoption of new technologies
- Rising demand for cloud-based solutions
- Increasing adoption of artificial intelligence and machine learning in healthcare
- Growing focus on predictive analytics and real-time analytics
- Emerging markets and untapped opportunities in developing countries
- Increasing importance of interoperability in healthcare IT systems
- Complex and fragmented healthcare IT systems
- Difficulty in data integration and management
- Lack of standardization in healthcare data
- Regulatory challenges and compliance issues
- Limited availability of solutions tailored to specific healthcare sub-sectors.
Frequently Asked Questions