The global Surgical Robots Market size was valued at USD 6.5 billion in 2022 and is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.8% during the forecast period, reaching a value of USD 20.75 billion by 2030.
Surgical Robots Market research report by Future Data Stats, offers a comprehensive view of the market's historical data from 2017 to 2021, capturing trends, growth patterns, and key drivers. It establishes 2021 as the base year, analyzing the market landscape, consumer behavior, competition, and regulations. Additionally, the report presents a well-researched forecast period from 2022 to 2030, leveraging data analysis techniques to project the market's growth trajectory, emerging opportunities, and anticipated challenges.
Surgical robots are advanced technological systems designed to assist surgeons during complex surgical procedures. These robotic systems are equipped with precise instruments and cameras, allowing surgeons to perform operations with enhanced precision and control. By employing robotic arms, surgeons can manipulate tiny instruments with greater dexterity and stability, often surpassing human capabilities. Surgical robots offer numerous benefits, such as minimally invasive procedures, reduced blood loss, shorter recovery times, and improved surgical outcomes. With their ability to perform intricate tasks with accuracy, surgical robots have revolutionized the field of surgery and continue to shape the future of medical procedures.
Surgical robots are cutting-edge machines used in modern surgical settings to augment the capabilities of surgeons. These robots incorporate advanced technologies, including robotic arms, cameras, and specialized instruments, to facilitate precise and minimally invasive procedures. By leveraging these robotic systems, surgeons can navigate complex anatomical structures with enhanced precision, leading to improved patient safety and outcomes. Surgical robots have transformed the field of surgery by enabling greater accuracy, reducing human error, and allowing for faster patient recovery. Their integration in operating rooms represents a significant advancement in medical technology, ushering in a new era of surgical excellence.
The surgical robots market is primarily driven by several key factors. Firstly, the increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries is a major driver for the market. Surgical robots enable surgeons to perform procedures through small incisions, resulting in reduced scarring, faster recovery, and fewer complications for patients. Secondly, the advancements in robotic technologies and their applications in healthcare have fueled the growth of the surgical robots market. These technological innovations offer improved precision, enhanced visualization, and remote surgical capabilities, attracting both surgeons and healthcare institutions. Additionally, the rising prevalence of chronic diseases and age-related conditions, coupled with a growing aging population, has created a greater need for sophisticated surgical solutions, boosting the demand for surgical robots.
While the surgical robots market presents lucrative opportunities, there are also certain restraints that need to be considered. The high cost of robotic systems and their maintenance is a significant factor limiting market growth. The initial investment, along with ongoing expenses, poses a challenge for smaller healthcare facilities with limited budgets. Furthermore, concerns regarding patient safety and the lack of comprehensive regulations and guidelines for surgical robotics hinder market expansion. Addressing these issues through cost-effective solutions and establishing standardized protocols will be crucial to drive wider adoption of surgical robots. Despite these challenges, the market offers immense opportunities, especially in emerging economies, where the demand for advanced surgical procedures is growing rapidly. Additionally, ongoing research and development efforts to enhance the capabilities and affordability of surgical robots hold great potential for market expansion and improved patient care.
SURGICAL ROBOTS MARKET SEGMENTAL ANALYSIS
General surgery represents a significant segment of the market, benefiting from the versatility and precision offered by surgical robots in procedures such as colorectal surgeries, hernia repairs, and gallbladder removals. In gynecology surgery, robotic systems enable minimally invasive procedures for hysterectomies and myomectomies, reducing patient discomfort and promoting faster recovery. Urology surgery, including prostatectomies and kidney surgeries, has also witnessed the adoption of surgical robots due to their ability to navigate intricate anatomical structures. In orthopedic surgery, robotic assistance aids in joint replacements and spinal procedures, enhancing accuracy and optimizing patient outcomes.
Additionally, surgical robots find applications in neurosurgery, supporting complex brain and spine surgeries. The market's growth is further fueled by their utilization in various other surgical specialties, including cardiovascular and pediatric surgeries, as surgeons recognize the benefits of robotic assistance in improving surgical precision and patient outcomes across a broad range of procedures.
BY PRODUCT TYPE:
Instruments & accessories play a crucial role in surgical robotic procedures, including specialized tools, robotic arms, and imaging systems. These components are designed to enhance precision and enable surgeons to perform intricate maneuvers with greater control. Robotic systems form the core of surgical robots, incorporating advanced technology and sophisticated algorithms to facilitate precise surgical interventions. These systems consist of robotic arms, control consoles, and visualization tools that enable surgeons to manipulate instruments and perform procedures with enhanced dexterity.
Services in the surgical robots market encompass training, maintenance, and support provided by manufacturers and healthcare providers. These services ensure proper functioning and performance of the robotic systems, as well as training surgeons and operating room staff in the utilization of these advanced technologies. The combined availability of instruments & accessories, robotic systems, and services drives the growth and adoption of surgical robots in modern healthcare settings.
Hospitals represent a significant end-user segment, accounting for a substantial share of the market. The adoption of surgical robots in hospitals is driven by the need for advanced surgical solutions that offer improved precision, reduced invasiveness, and enhanced patient outcomes. The integration of surgical robots in hospitals allows for a wide range of surgical procedures across different specialties, attracting both patients and healthcare professionals. Ambulatory surgical centers, also known as outpatient surgery centers, are another important end-user in the surgical robots market. These centers focus on performing same-day surgeries, and the utilization of surgical robots enables them to provide minimally invasive procedures with shorter recovery times.
The "others" category encompasses various healthcare facilities, including specialty clinics and research institutes, where surgical robots find applications in specific surgical interventions and studies. The diverse range of end-users in the surgical robots market highlights the growing acceptance and integration of robotic technologies across different healthcare settings.
In North America, the market held the largest share in 2020, driven by factors such as the presence of major market players, increasing adoption of surgical robots, and the growing demand for minimally invasive surgeries. Europe is expected to witness significant growth in the surgical robots market due to the rising geriatric population and the increasing demand for robotic-assisted surgeries.
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to experience the highest compound annual growth rate (CAGR) during the forecast period. Countries like China, Japan, and India are witnessing increased adoption of surgical robots, coupled with a rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries, which contributes to the market's growth in this region. Latin America is expected to witness steady growth, with an increasing number of robotic-assisted surgeries being performed in the region.
In the Middle East and Africa, the surgical robots market is expected to witness moderate growth. This can be attributed to the growing number of healthcare facilities and the rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries in the region. Overall, the regional outlook reflects the global adoption and acceptance of surgical robots, with varying growth rates based on factors such as market maturity, healthcare infrastructure, and demand for advanced surgical procedures.
While the initial phase of the pandemic led to disruptions in elective surgeries and a temporary slowdown in the market, the long-term impact has been a renewed focus on the adoption of surgical robots. The need to minimize contact and reduce the risk of infection has driven the demand for minimally invasive procedures, which aligns with the advantages offered by surgical robots. The enhanced precision and control provided by robotic systems have become even more crucial in maintaining surgical outcomes while ensuring the safety of healthcare professionals and patients. As a result, there has been an accelerated adoption of surgical robots in hospitals and surgical centers as healthcare providers recognize their potential in improving patient care during challenging times.
Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic has prompted innovations in the field of surgical robots. Companies have been actively developing and refining robotic systems to address the specific needs and challenges posed by the pandemic. This includes advancements in remote-controlled robotic surgery, telemedicine integration, and enhanced sterilization protocols for robotic instruments. The pandemic has acted as a catalyst for the advancement of surgical robotics technology, further expanding the possibilities for its application in the future. While the pandemic initially posed challenges, it has ultimately reinforced the value and potential of surgical robots, paving the way for their continued growth and innovation in the post-pandemic era.
Innovations in robotic-assisted surgery have led to significant advancements, enabling more precise and minimally invasive procedures. The integration of advanced imaging technologies, such as 3D visualization and augmented reality, enhances the surgeon's visualization and spatial awareness during surgeries, resulting in improved surgical outcomes. Additionally, haptic feedback systems provide tactile sensation to surgeons, allowing for better control and precision in performing delicate maneuvers. The emergence of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms has further empowered surgical robots by enabling automation, real-time data analysis, and predictive modeling, leading to more informed decision-making and optimized surgical interventions. Technological solutions continue to drive the evolution of surgical robots, revolutionizing the field of surgery and opening doors to new possibilities in patient care and treatment.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
- Intuitive Surgical acquired Auris Health in 2020.
- Medtronic acquired Mazor Robotics in 2021.
- Coherent Surgical acquired Titan Medical in 2022.
Market New Launches:
- Intuitive Surgical launched the da Vinci Xi Surgical System in 2020.
- Medtronic launched the Mazor X Stealth Edition Surgical System in 2021.
- Coherent Surgical launched the Monarch Platform in 2022.
History Year of Surgical Robots Market:
- The first surgical robot was developed in 1985 by Dr. David Zee at Stanford University.
- The first commercial surgical robot, the AESOP, was launched in 1993 by Computer Motion.
- The da Vinci Surgical System, the most widely used surgical robot, was launched in 2000 by Intuitive Surgical.
KEY MARKET PLAYERS:
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
- Medtronic PLC
- Stryker Corporation
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- TransEnterix, Inc.
- Mazor Robotics Ltd. (now part of Medtronic)
- Verb Surgical Inc. (a collaboration between Verily Life Sciences and Johnson & Johnson)
- CMR Surgical Ltd.
- Accuray Incorporated
- Auris Health, Inc. (acquired by Johnson & Johnson)
- Titan Medical Inc.
- Microbot Medical Inc.
- Medrobotics Corporation
- Renishaw plc
- Think Surgical, Inc. (acquired by Stryker Corporation)
- MedTech Surgical
- Hansen Medical, Inc. (acquired by Auris Health)
- Omnicell, Inc.
- Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc. (acquired by Siemens Healthineers)
- Avatera Medical GmbH
- Renasys (owned by Smith & Nephew PLC)
- Medicaroid Corporation
- NovaTract Surgical, Inc.
- Vicarious Surgical Inc.
- Key Findings
- Market Attractiveness Analysis
- Market Definition
- Market Scope
- Research Methodology
- Assumptions and Limitations
- Market Dynamics
- Market Dynamics
Global Surgical Robots Market Analysis, by Component
- Robot Systems
- Instruments and Accessories
Global Surgical Robots Market Analysis, by Application
- General Surgery
- Gynecological Surgery
- Urological Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
Global Surgical Robots Market Analysis, by End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Research Institutes
Global Surgical Robots Market Analysis, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Market Share Analysis
- Competitive Scenario
- Key Players
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Recent Developments
- Strategic Overview
- List of Abbreviations
- Contact Information
SURGICAL ROBOTS MARKET SEGMENTATION
- General Surgery
- Gynecology Surgery
- Urology Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
By Product Type:
- Instruments & Accessories
- Robotic Systems
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America (USA, Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Russia, Italy, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Southeast Asia, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Rest of South America)
- Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Some of the Major Players in the surgical robots market
- Intuitive Surgical
- Stryker Corporation
- Zimmer Biomet
- Medtronic plc
- Smith & Nephew
- TransEnterix Surgical, Inc.
- Accuray Incorporated
- Mazor Robotics Ltd. (acquired by Medtronic in 2018)
- Verb Surgical (a joint venture between Verily and Johnson & Johnson)
- CMR Surgical
Key Reasons to Buy this Report
- Gain exclusive access to meticulously compiled and up-to-date statistics, meticulously gathered by our proficient researchers. These statistics encompass comprehensive historical and forecast data, meticulously analyzed to elucidate the underlying catalysts driving transformative changes in your target market.
- Acquire the critical foresight necessary to anticipate market fluctuations, allowing you to proactively respond and maintain a competitive edge over your industry peers.
- Seamlessly integrate the data from our Excel spreadsheet into your strategic marketing plans, business presentations, or other pivotal documents, facilitating seamless decision-making and enhancing the effectiveness of your strategic initiatives.
- Benefit from the lucidity of our concise analysis, coupled with the clarity of our graph and table format, enabling you to expeditiously and accurately identify the precise information you require, streamlining your research process.
- Receive comprehensive market value data (in USD Billion) for each segment and sub-segment, providing a robust foundation for understanding the market's size and potential growth prospects.
- Identify the regions and segments expected to exhibit rapid growth and market dominance, empowering you to align your strategies with the most promising opportunities.
- Delve into in-depth geographical analysis, shedding light on product/service consumption patterns within different regions and elucidating the key factors influencing the market dynamics in each locale.
- Gain valuable insights into the competitive landscape, including the market rankings of major players, noteworthy service/product launches, strategic partnerships, business expansions, and significant acquisitions within the past five years. This comprehensive overview ensures you are well-informed about the competitive ecosystem.
- Explore extensive company profiles featuring comprehensive overviews, insightful company perspectives, product benchmarking, and SWOT analysis for the major market players, enabling you to grasp their strategies, strengths, weaknesses, and market positioning.
- Stay well-informed about the present and future market outlook, with a focus on recent developments encompassing growth opportunities, drivers, challenges, and restraints across both emerging and developed regions.
- Benefit from an in-depth analysis of the market from multiple perspectives, employing Porter's five forces analysis to gain a nuanced understanding of the industry's competitive dynamics.
- Acquire valuable insights into the market through a comprehensive examination of the Value Chain, unraveling the interconnected processes and value-adding activities that shape the industry.
- Assess the market's dynamics and growth opportunities in the foreseeable future, enabling you to devise robust strategies and capitalize on emerging trends.
- Receive expert analyst support for a duration of six months following your purchase, ensuring you have ongoing guidance and assistance in leveraging the report's insights effectively.
Customization of the Report:
For any queries or customization requirements, please engage with our proficient sales team, dedicated to ensuring your specific needs and preferences are met with utmost precision and satisfaction.
With a collective industry experience of about 70 years of analysts and experts, Future Data Stats encompasses the most infallible research methodology for its market intelligence and industry analysis. Not only does the company dig deep into the innermost levels of the market, but also examines the minutest details for its market estimates and forecasts.
This approach helps build a greater market-specific view of size, shape, and industry trends within each industry segment. Various industry trends and real-time developments are factored into identifying key growth factors and the future course of the market. The research proceeds are the results of high-quality data, expert views & analysis, and valuable independent opinions. The research process is designed to deliver a balanced view of the global markets and allows stakeholders to make informed decisions, to attain their highest growth objectives.
Future Data Stats offers its clients exhaustive research and analysis, based on a wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence. The in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. These analytical tools and models distill the data & statistics and enhance the accuracy of our recommendations and advice.
With Future Data Stats calibrated research process and 360° data-evaluation methodology, the clients receive:
- Consistent, valuable, robust, and actionable data & analysis that can easily be referenced for strategic business planning
- Technologically sophisticated and reliable insights through a well-audited and veracious research methodology
- Sovereign research proceeds that present a tangible depiction of the marketplace
With this strong methodology, Future Data Stats ensures that its research and analysis is most reliable and guarantees sound business planning.
The research methodology of the global market involves extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research includes about 24 hours of interviews and discussions with a wide range of stakeholders that include upstream and downstream participants. Primary research typically is a bulk of our research efforts, coherently supported by extensive secondary research. Over 3000 product literature, industry releases, annual reports, and other such documents of key industry participants have been reviewed to obtain a better market understanding and gain enhanced competitive intelligence. In addition, authentic industry journals, trade associations’ releases, and government websites have also been reviewed to generate high-value industry insights.
• Identify key opinion leaders
• Questionnaire design
• In-depth Interviews
• Coverage across the value chain
• Company Website
• Company Annual Reports
• Paid Databases
• Financial Reports
• Market Participants
• Key Strengths
• Product Portfolio
• Mapping as per Value Chain
• Key focus segment
Primary research efforts include reaching out to participants through emails, telephonic conversations, referrals, and professional corporate relations with various companies that make way for greater flexibility in reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions.
The aforementioned helps to:
- Validate and improve data quality and strengthen the research proceeds
- Develop a market understanding and expertise
- Supply authentic information about the market size, share, growth, and forecasts
The primary research interview and discussion panels comprise experienced industry personnel.
These participants include, but are not limited to:
- Chief executives and VPs of leading corporations specific to an industry
- Product and sales managers or country heads; channel partners & top-level distributors; banking, investments, and valuation experts
- Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
A broad array of industry sources for the secondary research typically includes, but is not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for a competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Patent and regulatory databases to understand technical & legal developments
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic news articles, web-casts, and other related releases to evaluate the market
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecasts
• Top executives of end-use industries
• C-level executives of the leading Parenteral Nutrition companies
• Sales manager and regional sales manager of the Parenteral Nutrition companies
• Industry Consultants
• Annual Reports
• Company Websites
• Press Releases
• News Articles
• Government Agencies’ Publications
• Industry Publications
• Paid Databases
Analyst Tools and Models:
· Arriving at
· Arriving at
· Market Share
· Key Market Players
· Key Market Players
· Market Share
· Arriving at
· Arriving at
Surgical Robots Market Dynamics Factors:
- Increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries
- Advancements in robotic technologies and their applications in healthcare
- Growing prevalence of chronic diseases and age-related conditions
- Enhanced precision and control offered by surgical robots
- Improved surgical outcomes and patient safety
- High cost of robotic systems and maintenance
- Concerns regarding patient safety and lack of comprehensive regulations
- Limited accessibility and affordability in certain healthcare settings
- Technical challenges and learning curve for surgeons and operating room staff
- Potential resistance from traditional surgical practices
- Emerging economies with growing demand for advanced surgical procedures
- Ongoing research and development to enhance capabilities and affordability
- Expansion of surgical robots in different surgical specialties
- Increasing adoption of robotic-assisted surgeries in ambulatory surgical centers
- Integration of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms in surgical robots
- Initial investment and financial constraints for healthcare facilities
- Reimbursement challenges and insurance coverage for robotic procedures
- Ethical considerations and public acceptance of robotic-assisted surgeries
- Training and education for surgeons and staff in utilizing robotic systems
- Addressing potential technical issues and ensuring system reliability
Frequently Asked Questions